We are seeking to appoint an Office Administrator who is committed to working in partnership with the School Business Manager and the Headteacher at an outstanding Infant School in the outskirts of Ashford.
We offer a postive ethos created by a hard working team who all have a shared purpose – happy children who thrive! The Office Administrator is a key person within this team, being the ‘face of the school’ The successful applicant will ideally have school experience and will need to be a happy, positive and forward thinking person who wants to make a difference to all children and stakeholders.
To become part of our outstanding team as an Office Administrator, you will need to:
- Be able to provide administrative, and organisational services to the school.
- Liaise with pupils, parents/carers, using a range of communication methods in person at Reception and via computer programs
- Liaise with other staff and external agencies
- Analyse and evaluate data and information and run reports.
- Undertake word-processing and IT based tasks including operation of relevant equipment and advanced ICT packages.
- Be a welcoming, happy person at the front of the school, liaising with parents, young children, staff and visitors in a friendly manner
- Be able to process forms, returns, etc., including those to outside agencies as required
- Contribute to the planning and development of administrative procedures and systems.
- Support with undertaking personnel administration, such as CRB checks.
- Be responsible for organising arrangements for school visits and events
- Have a sense of pride and contribute to ensuring that outstanding standards in housekeeping are maintained across the school
- Be an effective team player and work as part of a small office team and as part of a wider school team
- Willingness to research and attend training to further develop skills and keep abreast of new requirements
- Be able to work in a busy office as part of a team whilst still working in isolation to complete tasks efficiently
Hours: 37.5 hours per week KR 5- £18,059 £19,863 (pro-rata) (7.45am – 3.45pm daily- these times can be negotiable -½ hour lunch)
Term time only with 2 extra weeks which include working training days and other agreed days within holidays.
Downs View is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and Barring check.
Please read our application pack attached which gives further details of the post. Details and application pack can be found here.